The FUE method (Follicular Unit extraction) is one of the most advanced techniques of hair transplant to permanently end baldness.
FUE is a painless technique that requires no incisions, sutures or scars.
The FUE hair transplant involves taking the hair follicles from the donor area on the back or sides of the patient’s scalp, where the hair tends to be denser. The follicles are then transplanted one by one on the balding area.
The follicles are removed using a precision tool, without having to use surgical knives, which avoids the appearance of scars after surgery.
There are different types of follicular units composed of one to four hairs. The average number of hair per follicular unit is two to three hairs.
In order to reconstruct a good frontal line, the surgeon mainly takes into account the type of grafts of a single hair, which will make it possible to obtain a natural aspect and a perfect proportion on the patient’s face.
Regarding the density of the area just behind the frontal line, it is often less important, because the latter is rather composed of grafts of two, three and four hairs, which are scattered at the different areas of the head.
It is important to know that in order to obtain a good density of hair, considering the distribution of the grafts remains a major aspect.
- No sutures required.
- Scalpel is not used.
- Only local anesthesia is used.
- The density of the donor zone is not affected.
- No visible scar after hair transplantation even when hair is short.
- Can be applied to men as well as women.
- It is a painless aesthetic surgery.
- The recovery period required is very short. The patient can begin daily activities a few days after the surgery.
- The result is natural and aesthetic.
- The restructuring of the eyebrows and the beard is easy and effective.